How do I implement the free secure SSL certificate?
Access the Web Hosting Control panel within your 1st Domains account:
1) Login to the Account Manager and select 'Manage Domains & Services'
2) Select the domain name you wish to manage from the list
3) Under the 'Domain Name Services' section select the 'Web Hosting Control Panel' link to login to the Control Panel.
Installing the free SSL certificate:
4) Under the 'Websites & Domains' section select the 'Hosting Settings' option.
5) Under 'Security' select the SSL/TLS support tick box then click 'OK' and wait for processing to complete.
6) Under the 'Websites & Domains' section select 'Let's Encrypt'
7) Ensure your email is noted for 'Email address'
8) Select the 'Include a "www" subdomain for the domain and each selected alias' tick box
9) Click 'Install' and wait for processing to complete.
The next optional, but recommended step is to setup a redirect from non secure (HTTP) to secure (HTTPS) so that when visitors browse to your domain under non secure HTTP they will automatically be redirected to the secure version of your website. You can use the following steps to enable this:
1) Under the 'Websites & Domains' section select the 'Hosting Settings' option.
2) Select the 'Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS' tick box and click 'OK'
If you are experiencing any issues, please contact our Support Team with your 1st Domains account ID ready.
Support Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm NZST
Phone: +64 3 962 9520
| Was this answer useful to you?